martes, 28 de agosto de 2012

English V Reading Text exam sample.




NAME________________________________________________GROUP 5° A GRADE__________
Responsible: L.I.C. Tomás J. Limón Encinas.

I. READ THE TEXT AND ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS UNDERLINE THE RIGHT ANSWER:    (5 points)
“… What if she was worse than him? Suppose the two had children and created a whole race of monsters? How future generations would curse me?
 As these thoughts went through my mind, I noticed something at the window. I trembled from head to toe; but though I wanted to run, I could not move. It was the monster I had made. He had been watching me. Disgusted with myself, I destroyed the creature on which I was working. Filled with anger, the monster run away. I went to my room and locked the door.”

1.    What is the skimming of the second paragraph above:
a)    Running
b)    Watching
c)    Feeling
d)    Moving
2.    What was Dr. Frankenstein doing early that night?
a)    Writing monster memories
b)    Creating monster companion
c)    Running from monster
d)    Observing the monster throw his mind.
3.    The expression “I could not move” means:
a)    He loves the creature
b)    He feels like monster´s father.
c)    He masters the monsters
d)    He´s afraid the monster
4.    Why Frankenstein destroyed the second creature?
a)    He had been observed by the monster
b)    He was anger because the monster
c)    He looked the small hut door
d)    He realize the consequences
5.    What if she was worse than him?: In this sentence the word “him” refers to:
a)    His brother
b)    The monster
c)    The doctor
d)    The friend
II Translate into Spanish the following words:                                              (5 points)

1.    Murdered   ______________________________________________.

2.    Footsteps _______________________________________________.

3.    Belonged ________________________________________________.

4.    Thoughts ________________________________________________.

5.    Guilt ____________________________________________________.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario